[smokeping-users] Re: Uptime directive?

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 23 15:13:44 MET 2002

Today Paul C. Williamson wrote:

> I know I've seen Tobi do uptime on his graphs, but I can't for
> the life of me figure out where it is.  I can find references to
> it in Smokeping.pm and BER.pm, but have no idea how to implement
> it.

The 'uptime' thing happens automatically with the DYNAMIC option.
It is at the moment for 'the amount of time the host has had the
same IP address' what 'uptime' would you like to see ?

> I still have a problem where while in a preview, no numbers show up on
> the left side of the graph on *some* graphs.  I'm guessing this has
> something to do with using the -lazy option for graphing.  What's
> even more weird is that with two routers responding in almost
> exactly the same RTT, one has "100 m" beside it and the other one
> doesn't have any numbers on the left side of the graph in preview.

I don't think lazy has anything todo with it ... it is simply a
'demented' case try making the preview graph higher

> That reminds me, how about putting the actual current median
> RTT in the preview graph beside "median RTT"?  That would help
> the situation above where no number shows up on the left side of the
> graph.

will do
tobi

> Paul
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker, ETZ J97, ETH, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
 / // _ \/ _ \/ / phoneto:+41(0)1-632-5286  faxto:+41(0)1-632-1517
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/ oetiker at ee.ethz.ch http://google.com/search?q=tobi