[smokeping-users] Re: CGI not executing

Gordon Brandt gbrandt at apwagner.com
Wed Sep 25 15:00:02 MEST 2002

I have just gotten this working myself in the last few days, and had the
same problem.  Here is what I had to do: (RedHat 7.3, default RPM install of
Apache)

Place the smokeping.cgi in the /var/www/cgi-bin directory.
I created a smokeping directory under /var/www/html for the image files.
Edit the /path-to-smokeping/etc/config file and change settings for the
images to:
imgcache = /var/www/html/smokeping
imgurl   = http://server-name/smokeping

When I did this, I was then able to start getting the images correctly.

Hope this helps!

Gordon

Gordon Brandt
Network Engineer