[smokeping-users] Re: ISG::ParseConfig - Parsing a Table

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Sat Dec 11 01:03:21 MET 2004

Yesterday Dan McGinn-Combs wrote:

> Honest! I wasn't trying to make trouble! :)
> I just wanted to make sure my understanding was correct. I reckon it
> isn't a limitation as long as the application knows to access _table
> rather than a hash.
>
> The reason I was curious is that the DESCRIPTION at
> http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/realmen/down/data/ParseConfig.html shows
> what looks like a section of hosts where the pointer to the array has
> the same names as the contents of first column. But I may not have
> understood relationship between the input and the output.

Hi Dan,

hmm this depends if you specify one of the collumns as _key ... the
cannonical location of this library is

http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/isgtc/index.cgi?page=module_pod;module=ISG_ParseConfig;pod=ISG/ParseConfig.pm

the documentation might also be more current there ...

I think the best way to get used to ISG::ParseConfig is to try some
little examples ...

hope this helps

tobi

> Dan

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
  / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286