[smokeping-users] Re: Graphs Appearing but no reading

Roberts, Larry Larry.Roberts at expanets.com
Fri Feb 27 17:05:56 MET 2004

doest your smokeping config file have IP's for targets or DNS names?  If
your PNG's are empty it would appear to me that your not able to ping the
devices.

I want to make sure if your config files use hostnames, that you are in fact
fpinging the hostnames not the IP's they resolve to.

you mention you don't know the fping command. You should have installed the
fping utility while installing smokeping. do an "updatedb" then "locate
fping" ( assuming your using linux ) and see if you have the file installed.
If not, I suspect that not having fping installed could be your problem.

Larry

  _____