[smokeping-users] Re: smokeping won't run (repost)

Dan McGinn-Combs Dan.McGinn-Combs at Geac.com
Wed Oct 13 13:59:40 MEST 2004

G'Day,
Well, one reason that nothing shows up in the syslog is because it is
configured not to. Uncomment the second of the following lines in your
config file:
# specify this to get syslog logging
# syslogfacility = local0

I don't see the typical message I would expect to see at the end of your
output:
"Daemonizing smokeping ..."

Do you see this message ever?
Dan