[smokeping-users] multiple probes in one config?

Brian bcook-smoke at poklib.org
Fri Sep 17 18:05:25 MEST 2004

Hello all,

I've been running smokeping with it's simple fping test for a while now.
   Its been great so I decided to try another probe; a dns one.

I tried with the DNS probe but that seemed to never make graphs, so then
I tried AnotherDNS and again no graphs.. I can't seem to make smokeping
debug or show me what it's doing.. so I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing
wrong.

So below is the url to view the graph

http://adriance.poklib.org/smokeping/index.cgi

and

http://adriance.poklib.org/smokeping/config

what I'm trying to do really is just a test of various dnsbl's just to
get some stats.  the host defined for the dns lookups is a local
(dnscache) resolver but I'm not sure if this will just graph my dnscache
servers speed or not..

This is a freebsd 4.x box w/ smokeping from ports.  I tried installing
dig (9.2.3) and that didn't seem to make any difference either.  FreeBSD
comes with dig 8.3 and bind 8.3.7; again no difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.