[smokeping-users] monitoring different ports

Ralf Gross smokeping at ralfgross.de
Sat Jun 25 10:02:31 MEST 2005

[I already sent this message yesterday, but can't find in on the list ->
repost]

Hi,

we want to use smokeping to measure the latency of some of our network
devices and server, so far smokeping looks very promising. Besides icmp
pings, we need to monitor some ports that are not supported by the
standard smokeping probes.

Is it possible to measure the latency to these ports used by applications
like Lotus Notes (1352) or any other port? I found a posting in the
archive with a reference on echoping, but this seem only to work for http
or icp. hping came to my mind first, but I couldn't find anything in docs
about it.

Is there already anything that could solve this task?

Thanks, Ralf