[smokeping-users] Re: How to stop alert from triggering on each cycle?

Marc Haber mh+smokeping-users at zugschlus.de
Sun May 8 20:21:51 MEST 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 06:08:01PM +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> yep now you got it ... so the trick is to create a pattern that
> makes sense for you ... you may want to anchore it with a more
> substantial stretch of 0% to start with ... then you will only get
> a match when trouble starts ...

Ok. How would a pattern look like which only sends mail when there are
exactly three >5% points are in the history? *x* matches everything,
how do I match an arbitrary long stretch of zeroes?

Additionally the manpage text ">10%,*10*,>10% will fire if more than
10% of the packets have been losst twice over the last 10 samples." is
wrong. It will fire if more than 10% of the packets have been lost
_at_ _least_ twice over the last 10 samples.

Greetings
Marc