[smokeping-users] 1.x vs 2.x performance drop?

Scott Moseman scmoseman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 16:23:24 CET 2007

We have had a 1.34 installation running forever now.  I'm tinkering
with 2.2.7 (on the same server).  I setup all of the out-of-the-box
options to get 2.2.7 running and moved over the "meat" of the config
file from my 1.34 installation, so it would be polling and displaying
the same devices.  The web interface on 2.x seems incredibly slow.
For instance, when pulling up a category with 10 devices, it takes 2
secs to see it in 1.34 -- but it takes 12+ secs in my 2.2.7.  What's
up with that?  1.34 is using rrdtool 1.0.33 and 2.2.7 is using rrdtool
1.2.24, in case that matters.

Thanks,
Scott