[smokeping-users] Modifying DNS probe to add extra options

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Mon Jun 16 07:54:10 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 08:43:59PM -0400, Shawn Rose wrote:

> I think I solved it. Does this look good?
>
> my $query = "$self->{properties}{binary} \@$dnsserver $lookuphost $extra";

Yeah, that should work. You could check first if the extraoptions are
specified at all to avoid possible undefined warnings, but that's just
fine tuning.

The probes should really inherit uniform command argument construction
from a separate module so the extraopts wouldn't have to be coded
separately into each one.  That's been on my todo list for ages, but I
never got round to it.
--
Niko