[smokeping-users] Modifying DNS probe to add extra options

Shawn Rose shawnjrose at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 01:58:29 CEST 2008

Hey Niko,

So I made those changes, and I see the following error in my log.

Jun 16 23:12:30 njsmoke smokeping[13812]: Use of uninitialized value
in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/share/perl5/smokeping/Smokeping/probes/DNS.pm line 122.

I'm guessing it might have to do with multiple options I'm trying to
pass to the command.

extraopts = -6 -tcp

I want to Probe DNS servers using IPv6 and 4 by UDP and TCP methods.
As mentioned in my preiouvs email, those are the only changes I made.

If theres any way I can make this work. Please let me know!!! This is
the only thing I have left to get working :)

Thanks,
Shawn Rose

Smokeping started without error. So I think I'm golden. If it looks
good, just give me a thumbs up.