[smokeping-users] SmokePing/Curl Issue after Upgrading to 2.3.2

Niko Tyni ntyni+smokeping-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Tue Mar 11 12:06:28 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:44:37AM +0100, Christopher Feussner wrote:

> One week after the upgrade we identified the behaviour, that we are
> not seeing longer an known packet lost issue with an external hosted
> web server.

> The packet lost issue still exists. This morning I switched back to
> smokeping v2.0.1 and now the charts are showing again the packet lost.
> Is Smokeping or Curl in v2.3.2 not longer so sensitive? Any idea?

Sounds like a bug.

How often does this packet loss occur? Can you catch it while running
'smokeping --debug' or 'smokeping --debug-daemon', and what's the relevant
log output?

Please provide your configuration too, at least the Probes and Targets
section. (Feel free to anonymize it or send it privately if you like, of
course.)

Cheers,
Niko Tyni   ntyni at iki.fi