[smokeping-users] Graph cropping ... is this possible?

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Sep 1 09:45:21 CEST 2008

Hi David,

Today David Tomic wrote:

[...]
> So ... we can already crop/zoom graphs along the x-axis [time], but I'm
> just wondering whether it's also possible [at least in theory] to do the
> same thing along the y-axis [latency] as well?
[...]
> So ... thoughts/comments/suggestions anyone?

yes it could be implemented. Its just that I am targeting my next
development evvort in the smokeping area to go for a full rewrite
with an all interactive ajax based frontend which will also have
the ability you are looking for ... but this will be some time off
..

as for a short term solution, this should certainly be hackable ...
the cropping javascript can do vertical as well if stroked the
right way.