[smokeping-users] master/slave error

Seth Lyons slyons at fxcm.com
Thu Jan 8 15:02:29 CET 2009

Checking the epoch time also confirms that the files are being updated.  There is data in my cache and dyndir directories that corresponds to my targets.

An interesting development...at 7:52 EDT this morning my graphs started showing data (the process has been running since 6pm EDT yesterday).

>>> "Chris Krough" <chris at krough.org> 1/7/2009 10:15 PM >>>
Hmm. I'm not sure, but rrdtool probably pre-populates the records with
NaN when the file is first created, so those NaNs could be from the
file initialization. I see that you verified that the RRDs are being
updated. Did you check the last update time with 'rrdtool last
__filename__' ? That should give you the epoch timestamp of the last
update. (http://www.epochconverter.com/)

Do subfolders exist for your top-level "targets" under cache/ and
dyndir/ ? Meaning, if you have a target container of "+Pancakes" in
your config, do the 'dyndir/Pancakes" and "cache/Pancakes" folders
exist.

Chris