[smokeping-users] confusing average packet loss

Miloš Šifalda m009 at sifalda.net
Thu Jan 20 12:49:56 CET 2011

Hi all,

I need to monitor real packet loss of company workstations.
For example these workstations are 60% time down. I get in 400days graph average packet loss 61%.
But I need average packet loss from the time when the workstation is up.

I can calculate with 100% packet loss = host down.
I need to set UNKNOWN value into rrd instead of 100% loss (maybe).
How can I do this, or is another way to get real values of average packet lost?

Thanks,
Milos