[smokeping-users] Smokeping RRD configuration

Layla Nahar laylanahar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 14:43:31 CEST 2011

Hello Andrew

Do you find information that helps you on either of these two web pages?

http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdtool.en.html
http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/doc/rrdcreate.en.html

Layla

======================================
I'm trying to create smokeping styled graphs with data I already have stored
in a database using rrdtool.

What I have is a bunch of rows for a host, each containing the response time
of 5 pings to another host.  Each row represents a 5 minute period.

It would save me a lot of time if someone who knows this information can
provide it:

* rrd create syntax
* rrd update syntax
* rrd graph syntax

used to create smokeping graphs.

I took a look in lib/Smokeping/Graphs.pm where this is defined, however as
I'm sure developers are aware... it's not super easy to parse out exactly
this information for the un-initiated.

I'd be grateful for this information, would save me a lot of time recreating
the wheel.

Regards,
Andrew Hodel
Cobianet, Inc.