[smokeping-users] Use WinSCP to modify Targets file

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Wed Apr 19 20:33:35 CEST 2017

Couldn't you simply add the user you're logging in as [with WinSCP] to a group that has rights to the smokeping config directory(s)?
Then you'd be able to copy/access the files just fine.
Right?

[Or, simply enable the root user for SSH. This is usually what I do, as my smokeping boxes are not general use boxes and any time I'm working on them, I want/need root privs - so no real use using a "regular" non root user. If the root login is reasonably well secured, IMO, it's a reasonable choice.]

-Greg

Wondering what’s the easiest way to modify SmokePing  Targets file from Windows?

I was thinking of WinSCP.  But it appears I can’t issue sudo so I can’t save the file.

Any suggestions?