[smokeping-users] Data gets lost from the 360 days graph

Brian Lycett brian.lycett at ontrackretail.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 11:22:22 CET 2017

Hello.

I've had an instance of smokeping running for well over a year now.  It
runs perfectly apart from one issue: data keeps going missing from the
360 days graph for all hosts monitored.
As an example, at the moment the graphs only show data from mid December
even though smokeping's been running since well before that.
The other graphs - 3 hours, 30 hours and 10 days - always have all of
their data.

These graphs are quite important to us because they tend to demonstrate
the slow deterioration in quality of service on our hosting company's
network.  They don't monitor it themselves and so we need these graphs
to prove that there are issues.

Does anyone have any idea what the cause of this is?  We're running
smokeping on an Ubuntu 14.04 server.

Regards,

Brian