[smokeping-users] Data gets lost from the 360 days graph

Russell Dwarshuis rjd at merit.edu
Fri Jan 6 16:38:29 CET 2017

The most likely possibility is that you are not saving the data in the .rrd files because the config file Database section has been changed.

http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/doc/smokeping_config.en.html

Scroll down to: *** Database *** (mandatory section)

Does your config file have the 144 steps 720 rows section?

 # cons   xff steps rows
 AVERAGE  0.5   1   1008
 AVERAGE  0.5  12   4320
     MIN  0.5  12   4320
     MAX  0.5  12   4320
 AVERAGE  0.5 144    720
     MAX  0.5 144    720
     MIN  0.5 144    720

You can check how an .rrd file is configured by locating an .rrd file and running `rrdtool info <the file name>`

Russell Dwarshuis