[mrtg] problems monitoring squid

Pieter Kooistra pkooistra at hr.nl
Fri Oct 1 15:05:12 MEST 1999

Hi all,

I'am using mrtg 2.8.4 on hp-ux 10.20 to monitor squid.
I want to monitor UnusedFileDescrCount and
cacheCurrentReservedFileDescrCount
I want mrtg to show the actual values of this counters, but it does not
work. The first entry in the logfiles gives the right value, but mrtg
just shows me the difference between current and last value which is
mostly zero.
Mrtg treats squid as a normal networkinterfacecard although I use the
gauge and absolute options.

Target[sun2.6]:
cacheCurrentUnusedFileDescrCount&cacheCurrentReservedFileDescrCount:public at sun2:3401

MaxBytes[sun2.6]: 1024
Options[sun2.6]: absolute,gauge,perhour
Title[sun2.6]:: Current Unused and Reserved File Descr Count
PageTop[sun2.6]: <H1>Current Unused and Reserved File Descr</H1>
YLegend[sun2.6]:
ShortLegend[sun2.6]:
LegendI[sun2.6]: Number Unused
LegendO[sun2.6]: Number Reserved
Legend1[sun2.6]: Number Unused
Legend2[sun2.6]: Number Reserved

Target[sun2.7]: cacheClients&cacheClients:public at sun2:3401
MaxBytes[sun2.7]: 1800
Options[sun2.7]: absolute,gauge,perhour
Title[sun2.7]:: Current Clients
PageTop[sun2.7]: <H1>Current Clients</H1>
YLegend[sun2.7]:
ShortLegend[sun2.7]:
LegendI[sun2.7]: Number Users
LegendO[sun2.7]: