[mrtg] Re: Total switch bandwidth

flec at shellnet.co.uk flec at shellnet.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 17:46:47 MEST 1999

> Target[total2924]: 1:public at swtichIP + 2:public at swtichIP +
> 			 3:public at swtichIP + 4:public at swtichIP +
> 			 5:public at swtichIP + 6:public at swtichIP +
>  			 7:public at swtichIP + 8:public at swtichIP +
> 			 9:public at swtichIP + 10:public at swtichIP +

Thanks for that... it helps a lot... but:

My guess is that that's going to query each port via SNMP again, isn't it? On
the 2820 (running firmware 5.37) I can go to "Usage Summaries" -> "Bandwidth
Usage Report" to bring up the total switch bandwidth. Can't this be brought up
via single SNMP query?

I can't find this on the 2924 yet (it's running the IOS version) but no doubt
it's hidden there somewhere.

Thanks a bunch anyway;

Steven Fletcher
flec at flec.co.uk