[mrtg] Re: rateup died from Signal 9

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at nastg.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 25 17:37:14 MEST 1999

You need to include the directory that contains your libpng.so.2 shared
object file in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. Type: 'setenv
LD_LIBRARY_PATH' to see what it currently is.

At 09:18 AM 10/25/99 +0200, Tine Sierink wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>Problem:  rateup died from Signal 9
>system: Sun Solaris 2.5.1
>libpng 1.0.5
>zlib: 1.1.3
>GD 1.7.3
>
>Installed all without errors:
>
>running mrtg:
>ld.so.1: .//rateup: fatal: libpng.so.2: open failed: No such file or
>directory
>
>PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 9
> with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'blah'
> code was 9, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
> you should probably investigate the cause. :-)
>
>ld.so.1: .//rateup: fatal: libpng.so.2: open failed: No such file or
>directory
>
>PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 9
> with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'blah2'
> code was 9, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
> you should probably investigate the cause. :-)
>
>ld.so.1: .//rateup: fatal: libpng.so.2: open failed: No such file or
>directory
>
>PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 9
> with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'blah3'
> code was 9, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
> you should probably investigate the cause. :-)
>
>Whats wrong? Should install GD again or MRTG?
>ld.so.1
>libpng.so.2
>Where should de be?
>
>Be gratefull for your input...
>
>Tine Sierink
>IISG
>Amsterdam

Joe Loiacono                             Phone: (301) 794-2509
Computer Sciences Corporation            Fax:   (301) 794-9480