[mrtg] mrtg and billing WAS: Re: Re: Total bandwidth usage and My BIG problem

Rob Walker rob at valinux.com
Thu Oct 28 17:12:08 MEST 1999

Frank> I think you are right. They are mixing up there Bits and Bytes.
Frank> I agree that MRTG is not the right tool for billing. I'd never
Frank> dream of using it for that purpose.

however....

we plan on putting a one line hack into mrtg which will take every
sample and put it into a database (so we don't have to do two queries
per 5 minutes), and bring that out for billing information, sorting,
and lopping off the top 5%.

rob