[smokeping-users] Changing pings count

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 01:28:39 CEST 2013

I'm trying to get a good handle on the ping count for my installation when
using curl(1). I should keep it small, so as to not hit the destination website
too hard, but when adjusting it, smokeping gives an error about the different
number of data sources changing in the RRD, and refuses to show the graphs. It
says to remove the RRD file, and reload smokeping, but that also gives all
sorts of errors.

This guy has the exact same error:

    https://lists.oetiker.ch/pipermail/smokeping-users/2011-June/004338.html

The only way for me to fix this, is to remove the RRD file, reload smokeping,
add a new target, reload smokeping again, then pull up the new target in my
browser, and force a refresh. This seems to force an update on all the RRD
files, and fixes everything, but then I've lost my historical data.

How can I change the "pings = 20" to "pings = 5" in my configs, in a clean way?

Thanks,

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o